Thursday, March 12, 2009

Reflections


I begin my tales with some reflections. No, nothing philosophical like me sitting by myself thinking on my life's events etc. I am talking about (or rather showing) the reflections that I saw, and managed to capture in my new camera (Yesss...!!! Finally, a Digi-SLR!!!)

The Downtown Aquarium in Denver turned out to be a great place to try out my creative possibilities with the cam! I was engrossed in trying to get the perfect panned action shot that I so dreamed about but did not have the luxury to attempt (spending reels of films) on my old fashioned SLR. My! These fishes were fascinating, with the variety of their colors, shapes and sizes. Panning the camera to match their movement was itself a challenge. I was excited when thought I got one, and how Prof. Kirti Trivedi would have been pleased! It was in that excited moment that I saw this small boy...

Away from all the fishes, this little boy was excited about a duck flapping its wings in the water. The idea of the glass separation appeared to be new to him. His little finger was trying to point to the duck, but went astray. Up goes my cam, and I take a still shot in haste. Not a perfect one, Prof. Trivedi, I agree! What went wrong? The focus? The frame? Not enough light?

When I look closer, I know what went right. This picture is an awesome quilt of reflections on life's textures. Aptly, it makes you look closer to identify them on the canvas.

1 comment:

  1. log in every day to check if there are new posts...disappointed :(. the first piece was fantastic - reminded me of the time we had gone too seychelles....do keep writing and keep sharing your joys and dividing your sorrows he he

    ReplyDelete